The Australian Packaging Covenant (APC) is a co-regulatory initiative by Government and industry to reduce the environmental impact of packaging through improvements in design, recycling and product stewardship.
Hills became a signatory to the APCO in 2010, and continue to develop and implement action plans annually as part of its commitments to packaging sustainability, providing continuous improvement in areas such as:
- Packaging material reduction.
- Utilisation of recycled materials.
- Procurement of environmentally sustainable products and services.
- Waste avoidance, recycling, and take back arrangements.
- Setting targets and tracking performance.
- Consumer education.