Hills is a company built on trust and responsible practices. We strive to operate ethically and responsibly in the interest of our customers, suppliers, and shareholders. The Hills Code of Conduct details the principles and standards of personal and corporate behaviour to ensure our ongoing success. The Hills Code of Conduct (the Code) is supported internally by a number of policies which provide guidance on what is acceptable behaviour, requiring all Directors, managers and employees to maintain the highest standards of integrity and honesty.
The key points of the Code address the following:
- Compliance with all laws, policies and procedures.
- Dealing with third parties fairly and with integrity.
- Our behavior in the work environment.
- Confidentiality and privacy.
- Conflicts of interest.
- The use of company assets.
- Our responsibility to our shareholders as detailed in our Board Charter.
- Environmental conduct of the business.
Any breaches of this Code are taken very seriously. The Code specifies that where a breach occurs, immediate and appropriate action will be taken. This may result in disciplinary action, termination of employment or legal action.
Hills adheres to responsible selection, functioning and governance of its Committees by its Board of Directors as set out in our Nomination Committee Charter, Remuneration Committee Charter and the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee Charter.